Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Maple Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

It's a pretty funky morning. Funky good. I had some weird dream about helping a woman give birth. It made me want to write. So here I am, posting this maple oatmeal raisin cookie recipe I created when I was avoiding all refined sugar. I love this recipe! I should make them again soon. It's been awhile.

Maple Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

1/2 C white unbleached all purpose flour
1/2 C whole wheat pastry flour
2 C rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 C maple syrup
1 T molasses
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 T unsalted butter (melted or softened)
4 T palm shortening
1 egg (slightly beaten)
1 C raisins 
1/2 C chopped dates

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a medium bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a large bowl, combine syrup, molasses, vanilla, and egg. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir to combine. Add the butter and palm shortening and stir to combine. Now add the raisins and dates and mix them in. 

The batter will be a little wet. That's okay. You can add more raisins and/or dates if you like. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and measure out the batter into cookie form and place on the sheet.

I use a T measuring spoon and make each cookie 2 T. Place them a 2 or 3 inches apart on the baking sheet, as they will spread out a bit. 

Bake at 350 degrees for @ 15-18 minutes. Allow them to cool a bit before you try and take them off the baking sheet.

Nom nom nom!

You know, I am happy to have work today. But at the same time I totally want to chill at home, making cookies and listening to music. 

I would play this while cooking today Keep You by Wild Belle. And I would have it on repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment